jueves, 18 de abril de 2013

Helping my Friend in Atlanta with their Home Siding

Hi all, I'm currently in Atlanta,GA visiting a friend who lives in Marietta.  John is one of my oldest travel friend that I met about 6 years ago while I was out visiting Lima, Peru.

He has wanted me to visit him for the past 3 years and last week, I decided to visit him after he told me that he just bought a home that is a fixer upper.

I thought that I would got visit him and help him redecorate the house but boy was I wrong.  Instead, he had me help him with home improvement stuff like help him put up drywall, paint and such things.

home depot trip
The hard stuff was when he needed help to put up the siding to his home which was way over my head as doing siding in Atlanta, GA is not something that I came over to do.

So we headed to Home Depot to buy the siding pieces and he chose this cream colored ones along with a manual on how to do it yourself home siding replacement.

After spending a few hours looking at the manual, I thought that we could do it without any problems because he has vinly sidings on his house so it's just a matter of popping out the old piece and puttiung the new piece in with something called a zip tool and all you need along with that is a flat bar which is basically a crwo bar but flat along with a hammer and some s\nails.

I was wrong.

After the first day, we only had about a quarter of the siding pieces off of the house.  Needless to say, it took us almost two weeks to put up the new sidings on his house.  It's a good thing we are having good weather in Atlanta otherwise, it would have taken us even longer.

Now that his house is done, we are planning our next trip which will involve a long but limited trip around the US!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario